Thursday 4 November 2010

Day 4

Yesterday didnt go to plan, as was taken out for lunch and then involved in kids being dropped off and picked up all over the place. Sooooo I made the kids falafels, potato wedges and mixed fresh mushrooms for tea, and I made me and the husband pasta with a chilli, leek, courgette, mushroom and tomato sauce with garlic bread. It was very nice!

This morning I made a falafel and humous bap with rocket, tomato and black pepper. Yummy. Baby loved it too. Made a right mess!!

Read something in the paper yesterday about how male chicks due to egg production, get killed, often gassed but also often just macerated in a mincer...alive. Horrific.

Occasionally I have bought free range eggs feeling that I am at least making the least worst choice in eggs...but forgetting how many chicks must have died to make my eggs, just because they were male and not female...horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment